- Customer Reviews (0)
Creating an Impact With Your Bird Photography Images
Throughout this workshop you will be working on some of your own bird images.
Bird Photography presents a lot of unique challenges including:
- Not being able to control the composition of the bird when taking the photo
- Size of the bird in the overall picture do to the distance away when you took the image or the focal length of the lens
- Not being able to get the entire bird in focus due to a shallow depth of field created by wide apertures, long lens focal lengths and the distance between the camera and the bird
- The introduction of noise in the image due to the use of high ISO settings and the need to crop the image to fill the frame with the bird
- Image sharpness that can be lost by using the longest focal length of the lens and the widest aperture
- Distracting elements in the image that take away from the final asthetics of the photo
- Small final resolution of the image due to cropping, making it too small to print a larger photo.
All of these things need to be considered and addressed when editing your bird images, along with the general editing we will do in Lightroom to bring out the best of your images.
In this workshop we will explore a variety of image editing software to manage your bird photography editing, including Adobe Lightroom Classic & Photoshop as well as Topaz DeNoise and Topaz Sharpen from Topaz labs.
Presenting Your Final Images
In addition to covering a variety of image editing techniques, we will explore a range of ways to present your final images, including:
- Organising your images in a Slideshow Collection
- Creating a Fine Art print template
- Posting on social media
Everything you need to bring your bird images to life!
Participants should have a reasonable working knowledge of Lightroom prior to attending this workshop. In addition, participants must have a fundamental understanding of the laptop they are bringing along.
Whilst the instructor is happy to assist with post processing related questions, they will not be able to troubleshoot individual laptop issues.
Class size will be between 4-6 students. We limit our class sizes to create a more individual learning environment.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
You will need to bring your own laptop (PC or Mac) with Photoshop & Lightroom installed. If you do not have Photoshop or Lightroom, you can download a free trial version before attending the workshop.
We recommend installing the Topaz DeNoise and Topaz Sharpen applications to your PC prior to the workshop. They are available as a full functional 30 day demo version. we will assist you in correctly setting up the software to work as a Lightroom Plugin as part of the workshop.
Please also ensure your bring your power supply. A mouse is highly recommended. A note book may also be useful. We will provide you with images to work on in the course, though you are welcome to bring your own.
Tea, coffee and snacks
Add a review for Editing Your Bird Photography Images