Seascape Photography - Narooma
WELCOME TO THE BEAUTIFUL WORLD OF SEASCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape Photography Techniques
- Location Considerations
- Seascape Composition
- The use of Neutral Density filters
- Extreme Long Exposure techniques
- Exposure Bracketing and HDR Photography
- Panorama Photography Basics
- Editing and Processing with Lightroom
You will be encouraged to try each of these techniques during the photoshoots.
Personal assistance will be available during each of the shoots to guide you with the various techniques and to ensure you capture stunning images.
- Day One – 2pm Arrival with a short photographic briefing before heading out to a local evening shoot.
- Day Two – Early morning start with a sunrise shoot followed by classroom workshop from 10-3 We have a short break before heading out for our evening shoot.
- Day Three – Early morning start with a sunrise shoot followed by classroom workshop from 10-3. We have a short break before heading out for our evening shoot.
- Day Four – Early morning shoot followed by a brief wrap up session.
Accomodation is not included. Please hold off booking your accomodation until you receive a confirmation that the minimum level of bookings have been met. This will ensure you will not be charged any cancellation fees for your accomodation if the Photo Escape does not go ahead.
Once the minimum bookings have been met, we will provide the details of the location of the Photo Escape Workshop. We will also endeavour to find a suitable property that will cater for the workshop and our accomodation needs.
You will get the most from this workshop if you are familiar with your camera’s basic operations, including the adjustment of the aperture, shutter speed and ISO settings. Additional camera settings we will be using will include Exposure Compensation, Exposure Bracketing, changing the Focus Point position and the use of the Manual Exposure mode.
A moderate amount of fitness is required for this Photo Escape. We will be walking short distances on beaches and will be on some uneven surfaces including a few rocky areas. Some of our locations may also include low grade hills.
Class size will be between 4-6 students. We limit our class sizes to create a more individual learning environment. The workshop may be cancelled if less than 4 bookings are received. A full refund will be issues in the case of cancellation. The Complete Pixel is not responsible for other booking cancellations such as travel or accomodation.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- A digital SLR with interchangeable lenses is a plus but not a necessity. The bare minimum is a camera that can: shoot RAW images, have a manual and aperture priority exposure setting, and the ability to auto-bracket your exposures. Note: You can still participate and shoot without these features, but you will be severely limited in the quality of your images and your ability to capture them effectively. Make sure your batteries are charged!
- You will also need to bring your own computer, one that is capable of operating Lightroom, Photoshop and Photomatix Pro. Remember to bring your power cable! An external mouse is highly recommended as a minimum for image editing.
- A sturdy tripod is helpful and is very important.
- A remote shutter release cable or wireless shutter release is highly recommended by not essential.
- You will be encouraged to try Photomatix or Aurora HDR software, you can download a free trial. The Complete Pixel is able to offer a 25% discount on the purchase of Photomatix Pro – please ask for our special discount code.
- Adobe Lightroom is recommended as we will be using it during the processing portion of the workshop.
- A wide angle lens with an assortment of Neutral Density filters is also recommended.
Tea, coffee and snacks
Meals & Accomodation
All workshop fees are due in full at the time of booking. please review our TERMS AND CONDITIONS for our complete policy on cancellations and refunds.
Accomodation not included.
Please hold off booking your accomodation until you receive a confirmation that the minimum level of bookings has been met. This will ensure you do not be charged any cancellation fees for your accomodation if the Photo Escape does not go ahead.
Once the minimum bookings have been met, we will provide the details of the location of the Photo Escape Workshops. We will also endeavour to find a suitable property that will cater for the workshop and our accomodation needs.